Tuesday, January 26, 2010

fashion is an art.

You know what I realized?

Take the kids who are obsessed with Abercrombie. (I don't hate Abercrombie, I do hate their logo tees, though.) The ones who wear only clothing from there or clothing that looks like it's from there. Skinny jeans, UGGs, (and the occasional Coach sneaker- gasp!) and a top. They only only ony only only only only only only only only and ONLY shop at Abercrombie, hollister, etc.

Now, take us. The fashion foward, cool kids. We shop all over place. We own a pair of designer flats, and we also own a thrift store sweater. We have GAP shopping bags in our room, but take the time to look at Lanvin's newest spring collection. Our outfits change on a daily basis, and we mix it up. From bright tights to distressed denim, we go with the flow and wear different things. We have a extreme love for fashion, yet we are able to shop at different stores. The Abercrombie zombies only shop at around 4 or 5 stores, and no where else. They can't risk wearing anything from Forever 21. We can, though. I could name at least 10 stores I like to shop at.

I just thought that was interesting. About how we love fashion, we worship it and obsess (yeaah!) over it. Yet it's the people who constrict to a basic uniform every day who are the supposedly "picky" choosers, who shop at certain stores. I'm not going to lie, I used to love Abercrombie. Gosh, I feel so stupid. Especially with some of it's expensive prices, I feel so bad for my parents that I said abercrombie was my favorite store to shop at. I didn't demand to shop there though, thank goodness, I shopped at Old Navy too. But now that I'm a biitttt more older and wiser, I'm so thankful I can shop at a variety of stores.

Plus, fashion should make you stand out. You should have confidence to rock your crazy outfit, despite your best friends who are in love with Abercrombie mocking you. Last year some of my friends constantly talked about my "weird" outfits. (Hey... even if you say it's weird, at least it's not BORING AND THE SAME AS EVERY SINGLE OTHER PERSON IN OUR SCHOOL! OHHH SNAP.)

So yeah.
Peace.

xox

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So true!! :)

Anonymous said...

thannk you. i love you francesca (: and your outfit you wore the other day! (sparkly pink/black top and pink headband) sorry i didn't tell you! and your post is amazingg. i so agree with you. i'm so sick of these people.

Anonymous said...

OH SORRY THAT WAS KATIE G IN THE LAST COMMENT